Moving homes or office is never smooth and easy. The attendant hassles of the actual move rub the fun and excitement out of locating in a new neighborhood and meeting new people. But moving can be less nerve-racking and more bearable if you plan ahead and organize everything.
Here's a 10 Tips on how you can you make home moving easier and less distressing:
1. Draw a to-do list. Make a step-by-step and item-by-item list of the house move. This is to avoid a mix-up in your possessions as well as to ensure that everything is all accounted for.
2. Pack before moving day. Packing ahead will help diminish the confusion and running around on moving day. Make sure that everything is ready when the moving company comes as scheduled.
3. Keep related items together. It would help if you pack items according to their use or purpose. The stereo component goes with the speakers and CDs, the bed sheets are packed with the pillows and blankets, and so on and so forth. This way, it will be much easier when you place your possessions in your new home.
4. Give extra attention to valuable items. Expensive items such as jewelry and computers should receive extra care and attention. These should be packed apart from other household items. Whenever possible, you should seek insurance coverage from the moving company for these items.
5.Prepare lots of supplies. You should not be satisfied with the amount of packing boxes you can get. The more boxes you have, the easier the move will be.
6. Use appropriate boxes. For items that need tall boxes, such as clothes that should remain stretched out, find the appropriate size.
7. Coordinate your needs with the mover. If you don't have the right size of boxes for your goods, ask your moving company. Most moving companies provide this kind of extra service to their clients.
8. Instruct the movers beforehand. Even before the actual house move, instruct the movers where they will put which items in which rooms in your new house. You could place signs in the rooms to make it easier for them.
9. Bring important documents yourself. Don't entrust to movers such important papers as birth certificates, diplomas, etc. Keep them in your person to avoid the possibility of their being lost or misplaced.
10. A box for each family member. Each family member has his/her personal possessions. Assign a specific box for moving the personal items of family members. There will be less confusion when you and your family are settled in the new home.
You can easily remove all your worries you are having on or before and after experiencing moving and relocating long or short distance move. There are different kinds of moving services available but make sure they are professional and served they customers worry free and satisfied. You can also move house by doing it yourself, but make sure to take good care of all your things from packing and unpacking every items properly.