Being pregnant means you will have people around to help you out during a move, but even then you need to make sure that you are paying enough attention to yourself and putting yourself first before everything else. Moving can be extremely stressful, which is why you need to be relaxed at all times.
Here are a few tips:
- Rogue movers often try to manipulate pregnant women into paying exorbitant amounts for their services, so make sure you are well informed about moving scams and fake reviews. Take a look at hidden moving costs and fees too before hiring a particular company.
- That also means you should know the most important tips when packing and moving. As you already know, lifting heavy items are a strict no-no. Get the required help from friends and family. Packing of cups, plates, clothes, etc. – anything that doesn’t hamper your health can be done by you. Hire professional packing services if needed.
- Relocating while you are pregnant is easier when you have people to rely on. You can distribute some of the things to be done like for example ask someone else to look for the moving boxes for you.
- A DIY move isn’t advisable during this time. When you are pregnant, you can’t do certain tasks like lift heavy boxes, load and unload the truck, dismantle large furniture, etc. The best solution is to let the experts handle everything. If you are relocating in summer, the extreme temperatures may also influence on your comfort in a negative way so keep yourself from staying too long exposed to the sun and heat. Make sure you take breaks at regular intervals and keep yourself hydrated.
- Before hiring, get a free quote by going online and filling up a free cost estimator form that will calculate the expenses for the move.
- The items for the baby should be put in last on the moving truck, so that they come out first when the truck is unloaded.
- Before relocating, make sure you look up a doctor well in advance in your new locality. You can ask your present doctor to recommend one for you. Keep all pregnancy-related documents and records in one place because you will need them.
- While unpacking, open the most important boxes, that you will need right away and leave last boxes with things you are not going to use immediately like any tools, old CDs or clothes for another season. Take your time to unpack and don’t rush the process.
Looking for reputable movers in the place you are moving to? Simply include the name along with the service required, while searching such as Duluth movers, moving services in Lafayette, or movers in West Des Moines.